Young Living RainDrop Technique
Raindrop Technique is a powerful technique using essential oils that was developed by D. Gary Young in the 1980s. It combines several holistic modalities to bring balance and alignment to the body in a non-invasive manner. It also stimulates all the body systems on a physical and emotionally level.
The most amazing thing about Raindrop is that most people measure taller after just one session!
What is Raindrop Technique?
This technique involves applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. The session lasts about an 60-90 minutes, the benefits may last up to a week or more.
Gary found that combining several holistic techniques, described below, created a synergistic effect for the body. The three modalities that form Raindrop Technique are:
Aromatherapy – Raindrop technique uses several essential oils, and an oil massage blend during the session. It is applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body. To control sensitive skin reactions, massage oil is added to slow the processing of the oils if needed.
Vita Flex Technique – Vita Flex is an ancient Tibetan healing methodology meaning "vitality through the reflexes". Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body.
Feather Stroking - This is similar to a massage term technique called effleurage. But this technique was actually termed by the Native American Indians. In the 1980s Gary Young worked with a Lakota elder named Wallace Black Elk. He learned that the Lakota people went to Canada to experience the Northern Lights (before there were border crossings and reservations). The Lakota people would raise their hands toward the light and breathe in the energy of the lights for healing purposes. Once the Lakota people were not allowed to cross the border, they created a stroking technique along the spine using a feather that simulated the healing energy of the Aurora Borealis. And this feather stroking is the massage technique that was taught to Gary Young.
How does Raindrop get its Name?
Essential oils are actually dropped from about 6 inches above your spine, simulating rain drops gently striking your spine It is relaxing and comforting. Some say that the oils interact with a person's electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well.
Benefits of Raindrop Technique
Raindrop Therapy focuses the healing essence of the essential oils directly to the spinal column where it is believed that viruses and bacteria lie dormant until the immune system weakens. The oils create an environment that is not hospitable to these “foreign” agents in our bodies and causes them to be eliminated naturally.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety - The oils help one to relax during the massage/technique. It also helps balance emotions and release negative emotions. Clients generally report a lighter feeling and less stressed.
- Reduces Inflammation in the Body – Inflammation is dangerous to the body and many things contribute to this. Several of the oils in the technique fight inflammation.
- Re-aligns the Spine in a Non-Invasive Manner – Toxins along the spine contribute to problems and can cause spinal diseases such as scoliosis. Many of the oils are anti-bacterial and anti-viral.
- Relax Muscles – Muscles will benefit from the oils that help with sore muscles, along with the specific massage techniques used.
- Fight Viruses and Bacteria along the Spine – Toxins stay dormant and hibernate along the spinal column until our immune system weakens and disease sets in. Think…shingles. It also improves immune system function and overall health.
- Detox the Body – The oils cleanse cellular receptor sites and boost the lymphatic system detox of the body. It can assist you in eliminating symptoms associated with cold and flu, Herpes, Shingles, MRSA and a variety of other common conditions.
The one giving a Raindrop also benefits from absorbing the oils through their hands, as well as inhaling them. It is a double process going on. Everyone can benefit from a Raindrop technique session.
After the Raindrop…
Drink plenty of water. That will help flush out the toxins that the oils and massage technique have stirred. You may notice some detox taking place after the massage. It is not possible to have an allergic reaction to pure, therapeutic grade essential oils…there are no chemical fillers or additives used…only pure essential oils. Detox most likely will occur. This is a good thing as your body is eliminating chemicals.
Rest…try to take it easy the day of your raindrop and get a good night’s sleep. Sleep is imperative to helping your body heal. You will smell like Italian. :) Read the list of oils used above again to see why. For best results, wait about 12 hours to take a bath or shower.